Some people call them shaving pimples because an infected razor bump can look a lot like a bad case of acne, especially if you have a cluster of razor bumps in the same area. You may even hear people call them shaving bumps. Actually, razor bumps are small irritated bumps on the skin. They happen after you shave, when strands of hair curl back on themselves and grow into the skin. They cause irritation and pimples. Whatever you choose to call them you should know that razor bumps can get worse, if not well treated.
9 Fastest Ways to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
- Don’t shave for at least 2 to 3 days to give your razor bumps a chance to heal & go away, and if you must shave, use a Depilatory Cream or waxing for hair removal to prevent razor bumps.
- Apply heat on your razor bumps for 5 to 10 minutes using a hot compress or washrag soaked in hot water to shrink the razor bumps and kill any germs that could make your razor bumps look worse.
- Put hydrocortisone cream on your razor bumps to get rid of the redness, inflammation and the itching, and once your razor bumps fade away in 1 to 3 days, stop using the hydrocortisone cream because your skin may develop rashes if you use it too much.
- Wear cotton underwear or breathable clothing because wearing clothes made out of synthetic materials won’t allow your skin to breathe and this will also trap in bacteria & sweat making your razor bumps get worse.
- Don’t pick your razor bumps and don’t rub the areas of your skin with razor bumps because when you do that you just slow down the healing process where your razor bumps eventually fade away.
- Put cornstarch on your razor bumps for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- You can use a cucumber and milk mask by mixing ½ a pureed cucumber and a ¼ cup of milk and then letting it cool in your refrigerator and then you would apply this to your razor bumps for 10 to 20 minutes and rinse it off.
- Use razor bump removal products like Razor Bump Relief that have witch hazel & salicylic acid as the main ingredients.
- Use Aloe Vera or Tea Tree Oil creams & sprays to help you get rid of razor bumps faster